Monday, July 1, 2013

Mad.Mane of the Week: Keisha

Introduce yourself: Keisha Odunz, 21, PG County, MD.

What is your hair type? My hair type is 4A, I believe, (coily springy). I have tightly curled hair with a S pattern. Sometimes its hard for me determine what hair type I actually am, but for now I am going along with this one.

When and why did you go natural? I've been natural for all of my life. I would fluctuate by wearing my hair straightened or in its natural state for most of my life. It was not until the summer before my senior year that I decided that I would wear my curly sue out forever. My hair has a beautiful curl pattern and is way healthier and longer, when I wear it without putting heat in it which damages hair.

BC (Big Chopped) or Transitioned? Neither.

If you were stuck on a deserted island and got to hair three hair products what would they be? Mimosa Hair Honey, Coconut Oil and Virgin Olive Oil.

What is your washing regimen? I co-wash with conditioner instead of washing my hair, because  shampoo strips the oils from my hair. I use a homemade conditioner that I use with all the essential oils and nutrients in it. Example: Avocado, virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar.

What style do enjoy the most? Bantu knots are by far my all-time
 favorite hairstyle. I'm in love with those things.

Your three hair don'ts?
1) No heat
2) No products with sulfate, alcohol or mineral oil
3) No color (I used to be a fan until it slightly damaged my hair and changed my curl patter).

Who are your favorite natural hair blogger/vloggers?
My Natural Sistas, Naptural85 and Urban Bush Babes are my favorite. They made the naturalista I am today.

What do you enjoy most about being natural? I can express who I am through my hair by wearing it in different styles. It's a reflection of my mood, style and personalty. I like how I can be creative with my hair, it's like art work.





No comments:

Post a Comment