Monday, June 3, 2013

Mad.Mane of the Week: Chelsea

Introduce yourself: Chelsea from Orlando, Florida and I am 21 years old.

What do you consider your hair type to be? 3C4A

When and why did you decide to go natural? I decided to go natural after my freshmen year at Hampton University. I was interested in taking a more active role in learning my roots and culture and going natural was just an extension of that. I was excited to see my natural curls and have thicker and fuller hair.

BC (big chopped) or Transitioned? Both. I transistioned for 6 months with box braids and weaves. After it (my hair) grew about 2 inches I went in for my big chop.


If you were stuck on a deserted island and got to have have three hair products, what would they be? First would have to be my TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner: Aloe Vera and Avocado; second, coconut oil; lastley Belnouvo Coco Caster Pudding. My absolute favorite products that I consider staples. 

What is your washing regimen? I don't use shampoo because of the harsh sulfates, but I co-wash every month sometimes twice a month. 

What hairstyle do you enjoy the most for yourself? I really enjoy my two-strand twist outs. Sometimes, I like to put my twists into Bantu Knots. It's a style that I'm most comfortable with and it helps cut down on shrinkage. 

Your three hair don'ts? 1) No heat 2) no combs 3) no products with the ingredients mineral/petroleum oil or anything ending in -cone (my hair hates it). 

Who are your favorite natural hair Blog or Vloggers? Alex Elle, Taren Guy and CurlyNikki.com

What do you enjoy most about being natural? I enjoy versatility, beauty and pride, that comes with being natural. It's a great feelings knowing that I had a perm for almost 20 years and once cutting my hair hair loving it and growing such beautiful curls that are all mine. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment