Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mad.Mane of the Week: Courtney

Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! My name is Courtney. I'm 24 years old, I graduated from Hampton U in 2011. I was born and raised in Baltimore,MD. My Instagram is @thatcrazyshxt. 

What is your hair type? I'm not really sure about my hair type. I have several different curl patterns and textures throughout my hair. It's hard to put myself in one category. 

When and why did you decide to go natural? I decided to go natural in 2010. I was bored with my hair and had done everything to it, from weaves to colors to cuts. My grandmom would always tell me that I didn't need a perm (relaxer) so one day I just decided I wouldn't put them in my hair anymore. I had my last relaxer in November 2010.

BC or Transitioned? I did a mixture of both.When I decided to go natural I already had a short hair cut. So I grew my hair out long enough to get a weave. I kept my hair in weaves until about June 2011. My real hair had grown significantly, so I was comfortable enough to semi-BC. In September 2011, I got my hair cut to an inverted bob and got all the permed ends cut off. 

If you were stuck on a deserted island and got to have three hair products what would they be? My top 3 necessary, can't live without products are WATER, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and IC Fantasia Olive Oil Gel.

What is your washing regimen? I wash my hair 1-2 times per week depending on what products I've put in it. I'm not really picky about shampoos but I've been alternating between Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner and Organix Argan Oil Shampoo. My favorite shampoo is Suave Humectant. It smells good, moisturizes my hair, and is cheap! If I notice my hair is feeling or looking dry, I deep condition with a mixture of Suave Humecant, Elasta QP DPR-11 and Neutrogena Triple Moisture masque (comes in a small jar). I leave the mixture on for about 30 minutes to an hour. As a leave-in, I'm currently using the Cantu Leave-in until I run out. Then I want to try Kinky Curly because I've heard nothing but great things about it. Recently, I added coconut oil to my product mix to help seal in moisture. 

What style do you enjoy the most? I absolutely love Wash and Go's! They're easy and my hair comes out great. For some reason, twistouts, braidouts, or Bantu knots don't turn out well for me. 

Your three hair don'ts? I can only think of two: Don't compare your hair to the next persons! Everyone's hair is different so love what you have and learn to work with it! And don't be afraid to try new products or styles! It could turn into your new favorite. 

Who are your favorite hair Blog or Vloggers? I enjoy watching Melshary, she's always honest and real. I love TarenGuy! And I love following Curlbox on Instagram. They post the cutest curly girls and new products. 

What do you enjoy most about being natural? For me it's the versatility! I can go form curly to straight and back again. I love my hair and wish I had gone natural earlier. I like being able to get up and go. I don't have to worry about going to a stylist to get my hair done because I just rock my curls. I also enjoy helping out other natural girls who are transitioning or looking for new products. I get asked so many questions about my hair and what I do with it. But I don't mind at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment