Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mad.Mane of the Week: Zakiya

Introduce yourself: My name is Zakiya, I'm 19 and was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.

What is your hair type? My hair type is a mix of 3b and 3c.

How long have you been natural? I've always worn my hair natural when it was long like in buns and such, but I would occasionally straighten it. I've never had a perm or any chemical straightening done to my hair.

Why did you decide to Big Chop? I decided to do the BC because with the occasional straightening and the pulling of ponytails and buns to my hair made my curls dull and dry. I could see my hair going into a less healthy state. Plus, I got tired of having to do ponytails everyday, because my hair started to get straight at the ends because of damage. Also, I hated wearing it out curly, if it was curly it was always in a updo, never free. I wanted to give myself a change and start over for the better.

If you were deserted on an island and were allowed to have three products what would they be? I'd HAVE to bring Moroccan Curling Perfection Defying Cream by Organix, Cashmere Curly Jelly by Curls and I'd have to say my Abba Peppermint and Lavender Conditioner.

What is your washing regimen? I wash my hair once a week but I condition it every other day or two, I also do a hair mask once a month. I usually wash my hair with Organix Shampoo and Conditioner, then add my Curl products into my hair with my finger tips. Then, diffuse on warm heat. I usually change up which mask I use depending on what I want my hair to improve on.

What are your three hair don'ts? I do NOT straighten my hair anymore, my flat iron is history. I always sleep on a satan pillow case NOT cotton and I still will never put a perm in my hair.

Are there any downsides to having a Big Chop? There are none! I love my short hair! It makes me feel actually a lot more secure about myself because this is me in my complete natural state. I wouldn't go back for the world! I still have yet to miss my long hair.

Who are your favorite natural hair blog or vloggers? I have never really been a blog reader, but so far I love yours!

What do you enjoy most about being natural? How easy it is! I literally can just wash and go. Or if I want a little more hold I can just diffuse for 5 to 10 minutes and BAM!




No comments:

Post a Comment