Monday, August 5, 2013

Mad.Mane of the Week: Cashmere

Introduce yourself: My name is Cashmere. I am 25 years old, originally from Oakland, California. I have lived in different parts of California but currently reside in Dallas, Texas.

What is your hair type? 4B

When and why did you decide to go natural? I have sort of been natural most of my life, as a young girl my hair was pressed or braided because those were the only styles my mother would allow me to wear. Once I went to college I was solely responsible for my hair and I decided to wear weaves. I relaxed my edges while I was wearing the weaves because I would always wear my edges out (which was a terrible idea). I was tired of the hassle of the weaves and was concerned about the health of my hair so I decided I was going to go natural all the way. So, I decided to cut off any relaxer that was left in my hair as well as the hair that had heat damage.
I have been officially been natural since July 2012. I made it through my first year :).
BC or Transitioned?  Transitioned 

If you were stuck on a deserted island and got to have three hair products what would they be? Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie and Pantene's Naturals Deep Conditioner (this is assuming water wasn't a hair product). 

What is your washing regimen? Right now I have box braids in and I am co washing every Sunday, and shampoo as needed. When my hair is out of box braids I co wash as needed with Panrtene Naturals and shampoo my hair about every three weeks. I deep condition my hair every time I shampoo, as well as a hot oil treatment. 

What style do you enjoy the most? I LOVE a good twist out. But for some reason I am always wearing some kind of puff.

Your three hair don'ts? Don't try every product that comes out just because it sounds good, don't go long without detangling your hair and don't neglect to put your hair into protective styles. 

Who are your favorite natural hair blog or vloggers? Curly Nikki, and Natural Chica are my favorites, but I have many that I keep up with and get tips from. 

What do you enjoy most about being natural? What I love most about being natural is the versatility I have with my hair. It is endless possibilities of what I can do with my hair, all it takes is time and patience. I love the fact that it's 100 percent me. I also love the overall health of my hair since going natural. 


No comments:

Post a Comment