Friday, May 24, 2013

My Natural Hair Journey

I began getting relaxers in my hair at the age of 14. Family and friends always encouraged me to stop, warning me of the potential dangers of relaxers. Being the hard headed female I am I ignored their warnings and continued using the "creamy crack." Once I began college (2010) I began to notice the effects of relaxing and straightening my hair. My hair became dry, unmanageable, and started shedding. My hair worsened over the next year and by the summer of 2011 I'd had enough... I was going to go natural! Over the next few months I began the slow method of transitioning. By early 2012 I'd finally grown impatient and decided to just do the BC (Big Chop). On May 10, 2012 during my spring break I visited a Manhattan hair studio and finally chopped it all off. I loved my hair short so much that I cut it two more times, once in May 2012 and finally in November 2012. After the last cut I decided to finally begin the process of growing out my hair. I look forward to seeing where this takes me! In this post I have included pictures of my natural hair journey thus far. I hope you enjoy <3






MadMane91's My Natural Hair Journey 2011- May 2013 album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment